We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC Maintenance freeware like Wise Care 365 really helpful?

avoir

Likes # 0

Recently my PC (Win7-64) got slower, which may be caused by more and more programs installed. When looking for solutions, friends suggested Wise Care 365, which is from http://www.wisecleaner.com

Then I found Wise Care 365 was also recommended by PCAdvisor afficially, the website of which is http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/downloads/3328892/wise-care-365-219/

So that gave me confidence to try it. I installed it and found it working fine.

I'd like to know whether anybody in this forum is using it too? Any experience or suggestions for me? Or other recommendations?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"Then I found Wise Care 365 was also recommended by PCAdvisor afficially"

What you found was a review, not an official recommendation. I have no personal experience of using the product, so I can't comment, other than saying that the claim made by the developers on their website that "your old PC will transform into a brand new and blazing fast one after Wise Care 365's automatic cleanup and tune-up" is open to question.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I am one of those people that like experimenting with these type of programs. But be warned its not for the faint-hearted, because some of these type of programs can screw-up your computer if not used with care or consideration.

At present I have Wise Care 365, Advanced System Care (formally Windows System Care) and Toolwiz Care on my main computer. My opinion is that they all work on similar lines, with roughly the same selective modules.

If you use any or all of the above programs, then be very careful with the registry part, and try not to mess that up. I would suggest that for the registry clean-up, then use CCleaner which is quite safe.

One thing I would suggest, is don't expect miracles and supposedly super internet speeds with these programs, because they will only do what they can, the rest is for you to do what's possible?.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Have tried all sorts and, for consistently good results with no negatives, only use CCleaner.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

1st post and promotes a pay for program.I would have thought that it would have been classed as spam but obviously not if the FE never mentioned it.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

*Jock1e* The program Wise Care 365 mentioned and the others that I mentioned are available as paid or free versions. I use the free versions, and so far the free versions seem to work very well, and worth a try.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Thanks for the update spuds.Just found the free version so looks like my statement was not well thought out.

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

Agree with onthelimit1 use ccleaner,ive never had any speed increase after using various tune up programs,they hog the system and indeed can do damage if not used correctly

cant go wrong with ccleaner

Like this post
avoir

Likes # 0

to Editor:

Yes your comments are rigorous enough. Ain't all the promotional posters of this kind hyperbolic? I do need a brand new laptop:D

Anyway, what's your secret to optimize the PC? Can you share?

Like this post
avoir

Likes # 0

to spuds:

Thanks for your great sharing! I have also heard of the tools you mentioned. Similar products of course. But I can't have them all installed in my PC since that may even do an opposite job as I originally wished ...

The Wise Care 365 was recommended first, so I'd like to know more from other users, not expecting a dangerous stuff 0_0

When I was trying the free version, I found there so many options... Yes you are right, I have to be careful otherwise the result won't be what I want... Any ideas about the options? Which ones should be checked and which ones not? Lost...

To Editor: Hello again,

One more question: What's the difference between a review and a recommendation?

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 1

i use the advanced system care as mentioned by spuds very pleased with it but do not use reg clean functions except in ccleaner.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July