We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

buying first laptop, maximum of £300.00, need advise on where to go

AndieC

Likes # 0

so best option for buying? iv been looking at the hp pavilion g6-2210sa for a few months now but is it really the best buy? will be using it for general everyday use, non serious gaming, downloading, watching films, shopping and some work related stuff too.

iv looked at hard drive and memory and the pavilion seems to be pretty hardy. also what alternatives are there not too dear, im a single mum and need to watch the pennies.

i also would like to know if it is best to buy online/instore?

thanks for reading, and any help much appreciated

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

I would rather buy from, say, John Lewis than some of the well known electronic stores. Have a look at their selection here

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I agree that John Lewis is a good source, but personally I prefer (and have bought my laptop from) Novatech - you can ask for Win7, you do not have to accept the horrible (in my opinion) Win8 which most new laptops come with these days. Also a Novatech PC is guaranteed to have absolutely no Bloatware, and they are well known and liked within these forums. Excellent after-sales too.

Like this post
The Kestrel

Likes # 0

This lenovo from ebuyer http://www.ebuyer.com/447269-lenovo-b570e-laptop-n2f2huk is just over your budget, but has a core i3 processor and Windows 7. It also has good reviews from Reevoo.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

You could try this one at Argos.It is a bit more than you wanted to pay but Argos are doing a £10 back offer for spending £100 so whether you would get £30 off it I don't know it maybe only for certain items.

Click here

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Nope got that wrong you get a £10 voucher from Argos.

Click Here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia replaces budget Lumia 520 with 530: Release date, price and specs

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer