We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New Laptop or Upgrade Old One

jaraba
Resolved

Likes # 0

My loptop is Acer Aspire 5734 4 gb memory 160hd Processor 2.00 gigahnertz intel core 2 duo.

Now do I upgrade it or buy a newer better spec machine

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

It looks as though its got max Memory so you cant up grade there,You may be able to put a slightly bigger hard drive in but if it was me I would keep it for a back up laptop and buy a new one.

Probably cheaper to buy new anyway and be more future proof, Lots of good cheap laptops around today.

Take a look in Reviews here at PCA on Laptops.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

Laptops are quite difficult to upgrade, unless it was custom built in the first place. Treat yourself to a new one!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I agree with the others. You're already running with the maximum amount of RAM, and apart from the hard drive there's nothing you can do by way of upgrading - go for a new machine.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015