We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Best pc tv cards external or internal

civicr

Likes # 0

Hi , I would like to upgrade my tv card . Im using a tv world dual tuner pci card and would like one with a better picture. I have sky tv box plugged into it , quad core processor , 10gb memory , acer h235h monitor .gforce 210 graphics card 1 gb memory. Win 7. Would possibly like a hd ready one as a good picture is what im looking for .

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

As this is a HD Monitor, it should be possible to run a HD TV card, however, what should be and what is are two different things.

As most of the HD TV monitors appear to be external, there should (??) be no problem, but no guarantees.

Terry

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

Having tried so many examples of TV cards in PCs I had almost given up getting a good reliable one. However I have been absolutely delighted with the performance of the TBS cards. I have dual HD with both a Sat card and a Freeview card. Simple to install and excellent quality of picture. I would not look anywhere else now and intend to fit another one of each to add recording capability TBS model numbers 6981 and TBS 6284 refer. Not cheap but very high quality and well worth the moolah.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad