We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

VIRGIN RIP OFF

vlnny

Likes # 0

I have been with virgin media for about 15 yrs. and now they have decided to start capping and throttling broadband speed if you go over what they consider to be excessive use. Which is 1.2gb

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEWARTICLE&ARTICLEID=3103&CURRENTCMD=SEARCH&CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITIONID=1&USERTYPE=1&LANGUAGE=en&COUNTY=us&VMCUSTOMERTYPE=Cable

I downloaded a program from adobe it was 2.2 gb and my account was throttled back 75% I also downloaded the day before Americas army which was 2gb and it was again throttled back making it impossible to watch my sky go.... one movie on sky go is between 1.1 and 2gb so you are going to get throttled back even if you watch a movie. I’m going to close my account and go with plus net who do not have this stupid rule I don’t use p2p and am not a prolific downloader but hey where is the common sense here. I have 2 accounts that I pay for one is my sons which helps him with his business and the other is mine I pay about £150 to 200 a month so it’s their loss. Shame on you Virgin I don’t think you will be very popular 6 months from now when all catch on that you are throttling everyone’s account back... Vince

This new more ruthless policy was introduced 2 weeks ago at the end of March 2013

Like this post
aquatarkus

Likes # 0

HI FE

no accusing a company of fleecing people is wrong, Virgin aren't fleecing anyone, that's why I thought this post was getting a bit heated.

If people are unhappy then they can leave and go to another ISP.

There are plenty of posts on the Virginmedia forum where people have cancelled there subscriptions to VM using a clause in VM's terms and conditions. Me I'm staying put as I said I've been with them for 13 years at least and can count on one hand the issues I've had during that period. The new TMP is not good but if it alleviates problems until they can add more capacity then that's ok with me, unless they don't add any capacity of course.

Regards Aquatarkus

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...