We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Anyone had recent experience of Chillblast?

Vulcan

Likes # 0

I'm about to replace my desktop and am within a whisker of ordering a Chillblast Lynx to my spec. Just wondered if anyone had had recent experiences with the company, say in the past six to 12 months? The machines themselves seem to attract consistently good reviews, but wondered how prompt delivery is nowadays and customer service in general.

Like this post
SimpleSimon1

Likes # 1

Yep. my Dad bought from them just recently. He's very happy with the PC and thought that their sales people were really helpful. In fact, several times they steered him away from options that, as a 'low power user' he just didn't need.

On the basis of his experience, I'll probably get a new desktop from them, for myself, in the next couple of months since my 7-year old XP desktop is on its last legs.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

All companies have successes and failures.

One must bare in mind that the larger the company is, the more failures may come to light, even if their failure rate is lower than a smaller company that sells fewer units.

Both Chillblast and Cougar have earned reputations of making PCs that are good value, well featured and put together.

Neither has had many complaints on this, or the other Forum, that I visit regularly, but both have had the occasional slip up.

There is no predicting the future.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Jock1e,The reviews are also two years old.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Tullie

last one was Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:19 pm so not really 2 years old.

Remember there are 3 pages.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

First one I came to and worth a read.

Click Here

I only read the first of the three pages.It seems that their communication skills are a bit Lax.

Like this post
The Kestrel

Likes # 0

For excellent service and products, I would recommend Cougar Extreme. See my earlier thread relating to the purchase of my new PC recently:

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/2/tech-consumer-advice/4215858/in-praise-of-cougar-extreme/

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......