We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Building my first pc for Final Fantasy XIV

Mjsscott

Likes # 0

I am looking to build a pc over the coming months and i found this build which sits well with my budget.

CPU Intel Core i5-3350P (Ivy Bridge): 3.1 GHz Base Clock Rate, 3.3 GHz Turbo Boost, 6 MB Shared L3 Cache $180 CPU Cooler Intel Boxed Heat Sink and Fan - Motherboard ASRock Z75 Pro3: LGA 1155, Intel Z75 Express $85 RAM G.Skill Ripjaws Series 4 GB (2 x 2 GB) DDR3-1600 F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL $30 Graphics HIS H785F1G2M: Radeon HD 7850 1 GB $165 Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002: 500 GB, 7,200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s Hard Drive $60 Case Xigmatek Asgard II B/B CPC-T45UC-U01 ATX Mid-Tower $34 Power Supply Antec Neo Eco 400C 400 W $30 Optical Samsung DVD Burner 24x SATA Model SH-224BB/RSBS $16

Total Price $600

Do you think that it would be capable of running Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn at medium setting. Here is a link to the minimum and reccomended system requirements http://www.ffxivinfo.com/systemreqs.php .

Also is there anything you would change or recommend ?

thanks

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

Ive run the ffxiv benchmark on my pc- Intel i3, 8gb ram,650 gtx 1mb graphics card,windows 7 64bit

Medium settings gives 83fps High\max settings gives 28fps

The system your looking at should beat my score as both the cpu and gpu are faster than mine, I would recommend you install 8gb ram and not 4gb

Like this post
Mjsscott

Likes # 0

hey there, well this was a little over budget so do you think going to an i3 processor and go for 8 gb ram that would work? because i need to buy a keyboard / mouse aswell.

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

They are my results from the ffxiv benchmark,it does say they dont guarantee the game will run at those specs when released

28fps average is quite low on max settings,so i would stick with the i5 and 8gb ram From the benchmark it definitely runs with all effects on and in 1080p but i would still go for the i5 if you can afford it

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes