We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

new laptop old one web page freezing.

rocketbob

Likes # 0

my acer travelmate 5720 web pages keeps freezing so i am going to buy a new laptop or desktop all in one. i use it every day for searching the web,email, and a few documents.+ some music. so i want one whats well made and last a few years. would a touch screen be better with windows 8. my acer has got a intel core2 duo t7300 2.00GHz. and 2gb of ram, and my internet speed is download 4.91 mb/s upload0.720 mb/s. i want one whats a lot faster than my old acer, a 15in or 17in screen laptop or 23 desktop i have got up to £650 to spend any clues would be helpfull

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Monitor from Amazon which would leave you £520 for a desktop.

Click here

Maybe check out their computers while in there all free delivery.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Ignore last it is not a touch screen that you wanted.

Laptops

Desktops.

Desktops

If they don't open just check in Amazon for touchscreen Laptops and then Desktops.

The free delivery always helps keep the price down.

Like this post
rocketbob

Likes # 0

thanks for that will have a look

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

The freezing is nothing to do with the age of your Lappy

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......