We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Which Laptop Is The Best Deal From This Site...

Tracey73

Likes # 0

Very.co.uk

Having to re-type all this as for some reason when I clicked on publish thread it just disappeared, so apologies if it happens to appear twice!

I'm wanting to buy a new laptop, if possible from the above site. I have a voucher for here, I can pay for it over three months interest free and it has very competitive prices, which will help a lot since I'm on a budget. There are a good few laptops in the sale, I've been pondering over the HPs, the Toshiba C855D-16J, which has been reduced by £100, and the Lenovo S405, reduced by £150. I'm looking to spend between £350 and £400 give or take a little, and it will be used for general internet (research, shopping, forums, banking etc), emails, photography, streaming films and TV, a little gaming (nothing that would require a gaming specific laptop). Could somebody please point me in the right direction, I welcome any advice!

Tracey

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

The Lenovo is thin and stylish, but its display quality is not the best.

My choice would be the Toshiba.

Like this post
Tracey73

Likes # 0

Thanks for your reply, have to admit the Toshiba was the one I was swaying towards, and I can't find this particular model any cheaper elsewhere. Plus there is a free case and mouse thrown in with the Toshiba, not that that held much influence!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

The Toshiba's main weak spot is its keyboard - its key action has been described as 'shallow and indistinct'.

If you are going to be doing a lot of typing you might want to think again. Remember that you are in the budget laptop price bracket here, and most machines in this market sector are going to have some drawbacks.

Like this post
Tracey73

Likes # 0

I'm really not sure about the Toshiba anymore after doing further research and looking at other laptops, plus there's the keyboard weakness. If I went up to £500 and purchase from whoever has the best deal would there be any particular laptops that you recommend?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...