We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Decent wireless mouse - but not too pricey!

wildhouse

Likes # 0

Just before Christmas I changed to a wireless mouse for my . Love the concept but can't afford the cost in batteries! I seem to be changing them every couple of weeks. I have an Advent mouse from Curry's (the third one as I assumed the first 2 were faulty only lasting a few days between batteries). Can anyone recommend a mouse which doesn't need batteries changing every few weeks but won't cost an arm and a leg? Thanks.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Have you thought about using rechargeable batteries?.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I have a Logitech Wireless Mouse that I picked up in PCW for a tenner, while on offer. They claim that the batteries are good for about a 1000 hours.

While I cannot vouch for that, it seems pretty obvious to me that if you fail to turn it off when you have finished using it, a month is all you can expect, maybe less.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

As spuds says a couple of sets of rechargeable batteries will solve the battery problem, but after several wireless 'mices' I have gone back to wired ones. Can't really see much advantage to wireless in most circumstances.

Like this post
wildhouse

Likes # 0

Thanks for your input. I turn the mouse off overnight and when I am at work but it doesn't seem to make much difference. I am wondering if it is this particular model that is a problem since it is my third (the first 2 were changed within a day of getting them). Logitech has been recommended to me so that will probably be my next move (although sadly can't find one for a tenner!). May buy a cheap wired one for emergencies, too!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

The one I use is a Packard Bell C-3UP, which I have had for many years. I think I paid about a fiver or less on clearance offer from PC World. Never had a problems with rechargeables, but standard (10/12 for a £1) zinc chloride batteries last for about a month on daily extensive use.

Like this post
wildhouse

Likes # 0

Thanks, Spuds. Off to Poundland again!

Like this post
wildhouse

Likes # 0

Have bought a Logitech M185 mouse - they guarantee (depending on usage!) 1000 hours of battery life!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

What type of batteries are they suggesting or providing?.

Like this post
wildhouse

Likes # 0

It's just an AA battery so no expensive cells to replace.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks