We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New Laptop Required. . I'm confused which one??

macdadi112

Likes # 0

Hi,

I've been on the hunt for a new laptop for a while now.

It will be used mainly for applications (Word, dreamweaver e.tc.) Budget = £350

There have been many that I have seen on various websites from i5/i3 but why is there such a variance in price?

Thanks for taking a look.

Macdadi

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

to do with speed and procesor and gb of ram. thats whats causing the price diffrenece.

Like this post
macdadi112

Likes # 0

And what you deem adequate considering I'll have quite a few applications open.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

As in all things, you get what you pay for. Having said that however, unless you intend to enter the realms of photo or movie editing an i3 or i5, or their AMD equivalents would be adequate.

If you go for 4GB+ of memory you will need 64-bit Windows to get the most out of the additional memory, and memory is, for the present at least comparatively cheap

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

Dell adds Intel processor to new Wyse thin client

IDG UK Sites

How to win iTunes Festival 2014 tickets: See Pharrell Williams, Ed Sheeran, Paolo Nutini, Kylie &...