We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

BT INFINITY .. .. .. AGAIN!

onthelimit1
Resolved

Likes # 0

I posted last year asking for advice regarding BT's failure to deliver what they promised in this press release. Here we are in March, and not a single house/business in the village of Baschurch can access infinity. I have still received no communication as to when the debacle will be sorted. Any further suggestions as to who to contact, or how to escalate would be appreciated.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Most by end of May. 300 Meg? Excerpt from his email:

'Whilst this means that once the service is live, Baschurch will benefit from the fastest fibre broadband in the country of any major provider in being able to access ultrafast speeds of up to 300Mb/s, the reality of FTTP is that it is a much more complex technology to deploy'

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

onthelimit1

I have found that link very useful on a number of occasions. Glad to have been of some help, in getting your answer.Keep that link details handy, you might need it again.

Like this post  
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Will do - thanks again.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

I am with Plusnet which came second in a Which? ISP review. BT was Waaay down the list!

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

'I am with Plusnet' - which is a branch of BT. Very odd! But the infrastructure is all controlled by BT even if Plusnet or whoever is the ISP.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

That may be so, but in the last Computing Which, Plusnet had a score of 78% (the highest was 80%) with a Recommended provider flag "With great service and reliable connections Plusnet is making its customers very happy. The best of the bigger brands"

BT came in with 52% with "With infinity and improved customer service BT is getting better but it has a lot of work to do to catch up our recommended providers"

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Isn't Plusnet owned and possibly run by BT and the BT infrastructure. Just the customer services appears to be different?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

AFAIK If you want that speed it will have to be FTTP and customer has to foot the bill for the fibre from the cabinet to the premises. Article in Telegraph

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Isn't Plusnet owned and possibly run by BT and the BT infrastructure. Just the customer services appears to be different?

Yes.

Now supply no throttling and download limits.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

rdave13 That's odd because when I upgraded to PlusNet's "fibre extra" from the standard, I had no additional payments to make. They came and installed a new router and that was it. Great download speeds and no limits

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

What's new in VR: the companies creating exciting new mixes of augmented and virtual reality

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...