We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

BT INFINITY .. .. .. AGAIN!

onthelimit1
Resolved

Likes # 0

I posted last year asking for advice regarding BT's failure to deliver what they promised in this press release. Here we are in March, and not a single house/business in the village of Baschurch can access infinity. I have still received no communication as to when the debacle will be sorted. Any further suggestions as to who to contact, or how to escalate would be appreciated.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Oops, Sorry - I had not read your link! Silly me!

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Have you tried phoning BT?

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Phoning, email, blank wall everytime. The last comment was the weather had delayed the installation of the fibre optics. By a year! Really frustrating as people keep asking me how it's progressing and I can't find out for them.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Some of the village is FTTC enabled - you must be in the wrong bit

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

No - one cabinet was enabled in Apr last year in another village 3 mls away (fed off the Baschurch exchange). Baschurch itself has nothing yet.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

If you want to go to the top, then look for the email address here:- http://www.ceoemail.com

That website as worked for me.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Thanks spuds, I'll give it a try!

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Excellent! A very rapid and comprehensive response from the Fibre Broadband Programme Director. He gave reasons and estimates. Most properties will be up to 300Megs! Thanks Spuds.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Great, but you omitted to say when most properties will be up to 300Mb.

Also are you sure he said 300Mb? Not 30Mg?? My own 'best' is 73Mb!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: 30 September marked for unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014