It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion
laptop for Cubase music processing, analog and VSTs
Likes # 0
Posted March 19, 2013 at 11:05PM
I use a Dell Studio 1558 Core i5 520M and win7 to host Cubase 5 64b and virtual instruments including samples under win 7 64b. I do realtime recording of a band. I'd like to upgrade and I have the following needs and questions:
- need firewire or slot for firewire expresscard to connect to konnekt64 interface
- need better CPU, but don't know how they compare for Cubase. I guess some core i7 but what generation???
- sata 3 for my internal SSD
- 16 Gb RAM, preferably on 4 slots so I can reuse my current 2x4Gb
- USB 3
- graphics not so important
- screen size doesn't matter
- weight doesn't matter
- power consumption doesn't matter, will always be plugged in
If possible, I'd like different price options. Could buy new or used. Any guidance is much appreciated.
Likes # 0
Posted March 20, 2013 at 2:33PM
I too produce music on my pc but on a far more limited scale to yourself i cant begin to advise which would be the best laptop but there are several music stores that configure pc or laptops to work with music production and are simply geared towards this http://www.production-room.com/categories/computer-music/all/#hide-popup
Reply to this topic
This thread has been locked.