We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

laptop for Cubase music processing, analog and VSTs

PDXTom

Likes # 0

I use a Dell Studio 1558 Core i5 520M and win7 to host Cubase 5 64b and virtual instruments including samples under win 7 64b. I do realtime recording of a band. I'd like to upgrade and I have the following needs and questions:

• need firewire or slot for firewire expresscard to connect to konnekt64 interface
  • need better CPU, but don't know how they compare for Cubase. I guess some core i7 but what generation???
  • sata 3 for my internal SSD
  • 16 Gb RAM, preferably on 4 slots so I can reuse my current 2x4Gb
  • USB 3
  • graphics not so important
  • screen size doesn't matter
  • weight doesn't matter
  • power consumption doesn't matter, will always be plugged in

If possible, I'd like different price options. Could buy new or used. Any guidance is much appreciated.

• Tom
Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

I too produce music on my pc but on a far more limited scale to yourself i cant begin to advise which would be the best laptop but there are several music stores that configure pc or laptops to work with music production and are simply geared towards this http://www.production-room.com/categories/computer-music/all/#hide-popup

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

Thats not a good link sorry http://www.music-pc.com/

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen