We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

After sales and the type of service

carver
Resolved

Likes # 0

I know that we all have had experience of different types of after sales but today I have had 3 distinct experiences in after sales service.

Type one was from a firm called Black Diamond they make after market brake parts for cars, I had a set of front discs from then a while back, I thought it was in the last 12 months but it turned out to be over 16 months ago.

The problem was build up of rust on the disc and even thought the brakes were older than 12 months as a goodwill gesture they have replaced them free of charge.

Second experience today was from a firm called Parcel2go, I'd tried to send a parcel a few weeks ago and waited all day and nobody turned up, so they "gave" me a £5 credit towards my next parcel.

I've only used them twice in 3 years but on this occasion I tried to use them again today, went through all the site until it came to pay, that's when I found out that you can only use the £5 credit if you have more in the pre-payment than the cost of the delivery.

So the charge is £5.85 but to use the £5 credit towards the £5.85 you have to put in £20 credit, the best part is the £20 is non refundable.

Third experience from a Sheffield firm called Sheffield Windows who came out and replaced a sealed unit that had blown after it being in place for 13 years.

Because he had not remembered to give me a price before changing the unit it came free of charge, his reasoning was that he should have quoted before replacing so the firm would stand to the charge.

So two firms both with completely different ideas about how to treat customers and one firm who thinks you are there for their convenience.

So a big thumbs up for Black Diamond and thank you to Sheffield Windows.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

You havent bought any boots lately, by any chance?

WTM

Like this post  
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I have had similar problems with Parcel2Go,moved to Parcel monkey.

I have been having difficulties getting any response from anyone in customer service and others at the Sunday Times. They have over charged my subscription by three times the correct amount. I have emailed left messages but to no avail. So, using information from this site, CEO contact, I emailed the head of News International Mike Darcey, Chief Executive this morning, I got an almost immediate response apologising for the appalling service and someone would be in touch.

Someone just has, I have my refund, I have 6 months half price subscription + I am to receive £30 in Amazon vouchers delivered to my door via recorded delivery,so a happy bunny here.

This is not the first time I have gone to the top, last year a problem with British Gas was only sorted after an email to the CEO.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

WTM now you mention it I did buy some walking boots from Go Outdoors in Sheffield and the clip that holds the lace in place broke on one of the boots after about 6 months , I had them replaced with a brand new pair.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I seem to recall about 2/3 or more years ago there was a television program about the boss of Parcel2Go, and on the strength of that and some eBay advertising, gave that company a try. Failed to get 'proper' quotes or service twice, so gave up on them. Some people must be happy though, they are still in business.

With regards to walking boots, bought a pair of Karrimor's from Sports Direct a few months ago, took them back to the local store, because the soles seem to be wearing uneven. The store staff agreed that there was something wrong, and offered an higher 'discount' priced alternative (as they had stopped selling the 'discount price' ones I had purchased), but I would have to pay the difference?.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to Tech Consumer Advice from Speakers Corner.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room