We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 8 Pro

morddwyd
Resolved

Likes # 0

If anyone's interested Windows 8 Pro is currently available for £45 from the MS Store

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msuk/en_GB/pdp/productID.272001400

(Repeated Win8 helproom)

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

to see w8 at its best visit a sony centre,they have them set up to perfection and will demonstrate their speed and all the functions, found pcw,tesco,selfridges, and some JL stores the laptops are poorly set up slow and sluggish with poor staff knowledge.

JL, oxford st, london is an excellent place to visit staff very helpful and laptops set up well.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Like all these changes, its a case of own experiences and finance availabilities. I have lost count of the times I have been told that the latest Microsoft product is far better than the previous products, and the latest product is a 'must have'.

My local hospitals seem to still use XP. Personally I still feel safe with XP Home and Pro, even though I have ME, Vista and Windows 7 on other computer's. Vista and W7 wasn't of my choosing, they came pre-installed with the new computer purchases I made at the time.

On another personal note, I always get slightly suspicious when products have sudden price drops, especially on software or other IT gizmo's.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Sudden price drop = Microsoft whoopsie.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Sudden price drop = Microsoft whoopsie.

Or perhaps overpriced in the first place?.

I notice from a quick trawl on the net, the lower prices are being made available as are the far higher prices. I wouldn't imagine that the price will get any lower, unless W8 is superceeded by other newer versions of Windows.

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

Appears £44.99 was a mistake.

"Due to an error in our system, Windows 8 Pro was available on the Microsoft Online Store in the UK at a price that was advertised lower than our regular Microsoft Store price."

If anyone managed to purchase the cut price Windows 8 Pro operating system while it was cheap, Microsoft will honor the purchase.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia replaces budget Lumia 520 with 530: Release date, price and specs

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer