We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Well Done Cliff Joseph. Laptop Purchase Made Thanks To Your Article!

VeteranCosmicRocker54

Likes # 0

I've been looking for a new laptop when your fine tome dropped timely on the doormat last Saturday. On reading the group tests by Cliff Joseph from page 56 onwards, I saw that PC Advisor recommended the Dell Inspiron 15R-5521. Having read the preface to the item by Mr. Joseph that 'size isn't everything' (my paraphrasing not Mr.Josephs!),I did read all reviews and came to the conclusion if I'm going to buy one, it was going to be a Dell and thus 'best buy'.

I spoke with Dell today and asked them would they upgrade from 6gb to 8gb of RAM which they did free of charge. I also asked about a corded mouse to use with my arthritic right hand and they recommened a cheap one. I did also ask about their extended three year in-house warranty for both software and hardware problems and took this on.

On the basis of nothing ventured, nothing gained, I then asked them what was the best discount would they offer me to secure this purchase. She worked out a total discount of 10% thus reducing the price to £628 all-in which I accepted.

All in all, a good afternoons work. I now have an excellent laptop ordered, I've paid a fair price after a little haggle, I like the Dell brand and have always had great service from them. Having purchased my laptop, I now know why I subscribe to this fine magazine especially so with Cliff Josephs' help from his great article!

Thank you very much PC Advisor!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features