We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

LG 42LM760 TV with wi fi built in

john bunyan

Likes # 0

I have recently bought one of the above and in most respects am pleased with it. However it is a bit impractical to connect it to my router by ethernet cable so it is "tuned" to my wireless network.My ISP download speed on my desktop,(ethernet wired) , laptop and iPad is about 6.8mbps, but when I tried to watch BBC iPlayer on the TV using the built in app, the programme was constantly buffering. I checked the download speed on the TV and it was only 0.8 or less mbps. I phoned LG and they more or less admitted the wifi built in may be the cause and could only suggest an ethernet connection, which will involve a difficult route.In the meantime I will use a laptop or iPad via a HDMI cable. All a bit annoying on an expensive TV advertised as iPlayer friendly.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

PS the iPad and laptop are wi fi at over 6.5mbps

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Can't you have it replaced as you have "bought recently". I have a different model LG but coonects fine to wi-fi. If they admitted it's a manufacturing fault surely it's not fit for purpose.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

rickf

Do you notice a significant drop in speed on the TV versus other wi fi devices? I actually spoke to LG direct and they were a bit evasive. As for "fit for purpose" they say if you connect it by ethernet cable it will perform,. The spec does not s state a transfer rate... I will think carefully as I would have thought wireless "N" should be better.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

I connect mine wirelessly via an lg dongle and watching bbc iplayer does not cause any slag. hope that helps. I sometimes do other things like connecting to Youtube and on the whole it's fine. I am considering a lg magic wand though as entering data with the supplied remote is a pain.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...