We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HP ENVY dv7-7332ea 17.3" Laptop

Mike_R

Likes # 0

I have given my grandson a PCWorld gift card for his 21st- which I got at a discount - but find that the only 17" laptop in stock is the above HP. I can't find any reviews of the above HP, so can anyone advise on its merits compared with other 17" laptops, please? The other option is to wait until PCWorld replenishes its stock and an Acer, which my grandson would like, becomes available. Also I'm a little miffed that PC World advertises stock which they do not have available.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Have you looked at PCWorld online.

Like this post
Mike_R

Likes # 0

Yes. Everything suggests that the laptops are available until the "buy" button is pressed. Then the laptop is shown as unavailable for collection from a local store or home delivery. I did find one laptop available for collection in London which is not much use if one lives in Lancashire, hence my being miffed.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Hi

Just tried a few laptops and they seem to be available from several stores around my area in N. Yorks. Which Acer laptop were you looking at. I will check it out from here and see what comes up.

Like this post
bluesbrother

Likes # 0

Speaking from personal experience, I would not recommend any HP product to an anyone.

The build quality is dreadful. In one laptop, the case split apart and in another the screen failed.

Wait for the Acer. Much more reliable.

Like this post
Mike_R

Likes # 0

My grandson fancies the Acer Aspire V3-771G 17.3" laptop

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Seems to be available for home delivery from PCWorld although the price is very high in comparison to other outlets ie Amazon.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......