We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Don't buy at laptopsdirect.co.uk. I paid for a new item, but received refurbished.

dondyndyron

Likes # 0

Just having a horrible experience dealing with laptopsdirect.co.uk and I thought that I have to share it with laptop buyers.

Paid for a new laptop but received something looking like refurbished.

The case of the laptop has dents, scratches and sticky glue on the edges. The original protective film has been already removed and put back with dust particles and air bubbles trapped under it.

All wrapping plastic bugs, clearly has been used somewhere else. And generally you can see that the item was re wrapped.

As usual in these cases, customer service is rubbish, just completely ignore what you are saying to them. I phoned them about 15-20 times while was trying to get things sorted. Just absolute ignorance and time wasting. And it's not free

as well.

When you ask for a refund, they take 10% of item cost out of it. And it's impossible to proof to them that delivered item is not as described.

If you'll plan to go to the court, take a very-very good pictures of item before you'll post it back.

Of course they do sell good items as well, but before making decision of dealing with them just google "laptopsdirect reviews" and you'll see that it's not just me. You'll find hundreds of unhappy people.

People, avoid laptopsdirect.co.uk and good luck with your online purchases.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

A paragraph here and there would help break up this vast wall of text!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

A paragraph here and there would help break up this vast wall of text! Of course it would. Happily it's a PC forum not an English language/literature forum and I read it all and understood the poster's dialogue.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

rdave13

I read it all and understood the poster's dialogue.

Good for you!

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

There also in dody in selling laptop batteries probably coz they r cheap and not value for money

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Flak999 and you must have understood it also. Good for yourself.

finerty uh?

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

finerty..what are you on about ?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

iscanut2 , it's a joke. Small sentence and not intelligible, long prose, no paragraphs but readable and intelligible, I think. Made me titter, but not nervously and not in a sniggering way, anyway.

Like this post
odbest

Likes # 0

Apologies to those who are offended with the structure/layout of my rant. I was rather annoyed at the time of typing and I wasn't sure what I could or couldn't on here or if there was some sort of word limit etc. Many websites have word limits so both spaces and paragraphs count.

I tried to delete the previous post so I could post a corrected version but couldn't. Anyway, I hope it helps potential buyers think twice before they make their purchase from laptopsdirect.

Like this post
odbest

Likes # 0

by*

do*

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

rdave - I interpret the post as 'they're also on ebay selling etc....'?!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...