We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do I contact Amazon

ponytail

Likes # 0

I have just been debited a sum of £49 by Amazon and when I checked it was for something called Amazon Prime which I had never heard of.Went into Amazon and found Prime and it said I was a member but could cancell which I did and I believe I should get my £49 refunded.But I want to know why Im paid in the first place.How do I actually get in touch with Amazon I cannot see any way of contacting them on their site can someone advise

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

Go to Amazon Customer support Page and click the "Contact Us" button, then sign-in.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

ponytail. You may have inadvertently clicked on the "Prime" joining button by mistake. But Amazon have got a good customer relations record and will sort you out pretty quickly.

I think I read somewhere, that they are a bit backward in coming forward to pay their fair share of taxes though.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

HiMis toffelees I have tried clicking on button before but all it says is contact seller I want to contact Amazon themselves it is nothing to do with buying or selling.Perhaps you could explain exactly what I have to do.Thanks

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi bing.alau there must be a way to contact them either email or phone dont you think.Me and my wife use Amazon a lot

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Went here

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie

Then here after clicking on contact us button

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us?

Hope these links work

Like this post
pavvi

Likes # 0

If you follow Ponytail's second link it will ask for a phone number and they will call you. I do find it frustrating how many websites give you the run around trying to contact them by phone. They like you to 'speak' with a virtual assistant first.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You fill in the form and then click on the relevant button at the bottom.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Have to agree with pavvi on this one, and perhaps the virtual assistant. eBay seem to like this more, but it does seem to take ages at times, to cover a simple subject your are asking about?.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to Tech Consumer Advice from Speakers Corner.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Amazon Prime is a membership programme that gives you and your family fast and unlimited One-Day delivery for eligible purchases for an annual membership fee of GBP 49.00.

In all probability when you last purchased an item from Amazon you elected to have the One-Day delivery as a trial offer for 30 days. If you didn't cancel it within that time period the £49 is automatically deducted from your Amazon account. It is explained on the Amazon site and in fact just last month I elected to take up the trial offer so that I could get my goods quickly but I did go to My Account and tick the box so that my Prime Account would not be updated at the end of the trial period.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more