We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

simple video editor required to add special effects?

theDarkness

Likes # 0

Im looking for software that is able to add special effects to videos-the equivalent of adobe filtering, eg blurring, sharpening, lighting, swirl, denoise etc? Its for a mp4 video I wish to use on a dvd menu. No cropping or resizing required. I can find online editing tools to upload videos up to around 30MB, but they do little more than cropping or in terms of any effects, remove colour at the most. Can anyone recommend anything? The most effects to choose from the better. Thanks

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Like this post
theDarkness

Likes # 0

thanks for the link, I could not find any decent lists before. Just about every tool I could find that did add special effects either didnt save the file in the same format as before, or was a trial-fully paid for suite with multiple options I didnt need. The suites likely wont run anyway-im on a 2007-ish laptop at the moment, and the big companies such as adobe etc annoyingly dont like to allow users to download previous versions of programs with far lower minimum system requirements.I wouldnt bother with the big names such as adobe as many suites are overloaded with unnecessary material and take up too much hdd space. If I find anything I will post up my program of choice, but.. nothing yet :) thanks

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

This is the Serif cut down version of MoviePlus it is entirely free but you will be nagged to buy the full version. If you have a thick skin just ignore the nags, it is a good product.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...