We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Best Tablet PC for under £200 - advice?

Midlander1066

Likes # 0

Hi Forum,

What I know about tablet can probably be written on the back of one so does anyone have any suggestions of a good one for under about £200?

I'll just be using it for fairly basic stuff like browsing the web, checking email, printing photos, etc.

It would be a 'home tablet' so a bigger screen would be nice as portability is not important.

I'm not fashion conscious so the make doesn't matter.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 1

This one comes out well from Revoo you can also Search these answers by size, price, best score etc. Personally my wife and I both have Samsungs and they are trouble free.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

"I'm not fashion conscious so the make doesn't matter." But it is not about fashion. The make does matter. IMO the well known brand names make the better tablets. Have a look at the Nexus 7.

Like this post
jeremy2013

Likes # 0

Hey there, some of the options you might want to check are the Le Pan TC970 Tablet, Coby Kyros MID1125-4G Tablet and the Blackberry Playbook Tablet. If you want a bigger one, you can check Le Pan II 9.7" 8 GB Tablet with Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. I think that would be the best affordable tablet you can purchase.

Like this post

Likes # 0

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

Check out the Sumvision range. I have bought the Cyclone Astra plus for myself and my wife now has the Sumvision Voyager which is slightly better re software. Both however have excellent software programmes and added Apps and after 9 months of use I am very happy with them both and the support from Sumvision as and when I need it

They retail for around £75 and are excellent value for money

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks