We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

SSD Compatibility with SATA II / P5N-D Motherboard

climb45

Likes # 0

I have a Mesh Elite Inspiration 7500 with a P5N-D motherboard. I am considering purchasing an SSD to run the operating system from. Will all current SSDs work with this motherboard? If not, how do I check for compatibility?

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 1

As far as I am aware , all SSD`s are backwards compatible on SATA . You just wont get the full benefit of the speed if you put a SATA III SSD on a SATA II connection

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 1

Like this post
climb45

Likes # 0

That's what I thought. Just wanted to check before spending out over £100! Thank you nickf.

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

Your welcome . Good luck .

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features