We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Kodak Hero 5.1 printer problem

Creditman

Likes # 0

I use original Kodak cartridges (CL30),but find that after only a few printings the magenta ink does not print. I have cleaned print heads many times but this only correct problem for a few printings. Cartridge supplier says they have not been told of this problem by any one else. Constant print head cleaning, test pages, calibration etc uses up ink very fast. Could this be caused by a fault with the printhead itself ? I have only had printer for 113 months (just out of warranty!). Another problem is with double-sided printing. Very often, despite ensuring paper is loaded correctly,halfway thru the paper jams & I have to waste time freeing it & restarting. Can't see why this happens. Any ideas on these problems please ?

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

With regards to the paper problem, I refer you to this article, also to the types of paper available,

Personally I prefer a weight of 80 grams xerox performer paper.

Sometimes the original cartridges supplied by the manufacturer are not as well filled as a compatible cartridge. My personal choice is JETTEC, however I leave it open for other readers to suggest their own favorites.

Also have a look at this link, which may suggest a solution.

Terry

Kodak printer problems

Printer paper weight

Like this post
amonra

Likes # 0

A neighbour of mine who rejected my advice went and bought a Kodak 5 printer. Now, six months later he has decided enough is enough and got shot of it. The cost of keeping it in ink was horrendous ! Sorry to be so downbeat but sometimes the truth hurts.

Like this post
Creditman

Likes # 0

Thanks Terry Brown & amonra.

I have now contacted Kodak Support & they are sending me a new printhead FOC although the printer is outside the 1 year warranty period. If this does not solve problem, I will throw printer out & buy new Canon or HP. It must have WiFi & do double-sided printing. I would not want to spend more than say £12. Any suggestiond ?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 30 best TV shows on Netflix UK: Our pick of the best programmes you can watch right now

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review (2.6GHz, 128GB, mid-2014)