We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Talk Talk say they are 'Processing my order' !

muddypaws
Resolved

Likes # 0

Have been with TT for years.

Today I received an email thanking me for joining TT. They are processing my order and my welcome pack

will arrive shortly.

Looking forward to receiving a new router!

Any one else had similar?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to Tech Consumer Advice from Speakers Corner.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

FE

Apologies and thanks.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

No but on Friday I had one from BT advising me of a service interruption today.

Since it was to "Undisclosed Recipients" I was a bit suspicious and e-mailed Customer Servs asking for confirmation that it was genuine.

I received a response apologising for suspending my service but they had written to me in September telling me my contract was up and I had to sign a new one.

I replied pointing out that there was nothing wrong with my service or contract, and asking them asking them if they would answer my original question.

I received another response saying that the e-mail was genuine, but it was sent in error and I should ignore it as my account was already registered.

I am now totally confused!

Like this post
Hardwriter

Likes # 0

I received the same email at 4pm today. Included my first name and address but not my TalkTalk account number. Does not ask for details directly but does have an 'any questions' link that appears to go to a TalkTalk web page. TalkTalk say it is a scam but their telephone customer service cannot,usually be trusted so I don't know for sure? Sent it to TalkTalk's phishing alert address anyway.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Hardwriter

Just noticed that it quotes TT as being in the top ten in 2009!

Probably 'scam' = excuse for cock up.

Like this post  
spuds

Likes # 0

At least one forum member had an email about service interruption and contract.

A few years back I had no broadband service at all,there one minute and total shutdown next. Checking either Tiscali or was that TalkTalk, I was rather abruptly told that I had been disconnected (without warning) because I had not paid the monthly bill. Apparently their system forgot to collect payment from a monthly direct payment arrangement, and it was all my fault?.

Not only my fault, but also many other subscriber's who had the same experiences of forgetting to pay that month.

Like this post
cruiser2

Likes # 0

I have been with TT for several years. I have sent an email and a letter asking when my contact finishes and other questions. Having asked for a written reply, I am now getting phone calls. When I ask if the letter/email has been read, it seems to cause confusion. I explain that I will not discuss the case and want a written answer. I am still waiting after nearly a month. I have had an email asking to comment on the service. I just put very poor to every question.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

cruiser2

If you have been with them for years, and you haven't renewed the contract, then you are on a 'rolling contract'. You just carry on as you were, with no tie ins or penalties.

Like this post
mikef.

Likes # 0

I had similar from BT several years ago and when I queried it they were sending me a new hub as mine was well out of date, it was the anniversary of when I joined them

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Update.

Received during the night:

"We are aware that you've received an e-mail stating that you have placed a new order with TalkTalk.

The email was generated by our systems in error, please rest assured that no unwanted orders have been placed as a result and you don’t need to take any action.

We apologise for the confusion this may have caused. We appreciate this sort of error simply should not happen and we are taking further steps to prevent it happening again.

Yours sincerely,

Nigel Pearson Senior Director, Customer Services, TalkTalk"

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features