We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Dell laptop battery - £95 to replace!?

mcds01

Likes # 0

Hi,

After only 17 months the laptop on my dell Inspiron 15 Intel N5040 has packed in and will not charge at all.

Spoke to dell support and as its out of warranty they wont do any anything. They apparently only expect their batteries to last 12-18 months and say that is reasonable!

They directed me to a page on their website to purchase a new one. The price is a scandalous £95. Thats about a third of the price of the laptop!!

I've heard some horror stories about people buying cheap batteries elsewhere and them being fake, overheating, shorting out etc.

Does anyone know a reputable place to pick up a battery that wont cost a fortune!?

Many Thanks.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Have a look in Amazon.

Amazon

You might get them cheaper elsewhere so have a search.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

You will never get a 'genuine own name branded battery' direct from a laptop manufacturer for a cheaper price or similar alternative elsewhere.

If you decide to purchase, always make certain what you are purchasing, where from, and what warranty is being offered, and get this in writing. If there are any reviews, then checked them out.

Sometimes you may find 'genuine' laptop manufacturer branded batteries, being sold as new or 'refurbished', and some of these might come from laptop returns, so it would be essential to check this out as well?.

Like this post

Likes # 0

I bought from this guy 6 months ago. Doing fine

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Green-Reindeer

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers