We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Apple Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

iPad 4

morddwyd

Likes # 0

Well, I’ve now had my iPad three days. I think underwhelmed just about covers it and I am left wondering what all the hype is about.

I realise that three days is hardly an exhaustive trial but so far I have discovered nothing it can do that my 15” touch screen laptop running old fashioned Windows 7 does not do bigger (and faster) or that my Galaxy Note 1 does not do smaller (and brighter).

Packing it up ready for return tomorrow. As it was a freebie I can say, honestly for once, “Wouldn’t have one if they were giving them away”!

Obviously it must just be me – sales coming up for 100 mill, they can’t all have been bamboozled by the hype.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

“Wouldn’t have one if they were giving them away”!

Well, you would be a member of a very small club. I think that perhaps you don't have much need to use a computer on the move, in which case the iPad's capabilities would hardly be in first gear. Your touch screen and your can't go with you on a train/bus or be carried around in one hand, and that's what the iPad is designed to do. If mobile computing isn't your thing you can certainly live without one.

If you do need computing power on the move the iPad is (still) far and away the finest tablet money can buy in what is now a huge market.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

As it was a freebie and you don't want it, can I give you my address to send it to ?? :-)

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"Your touch screen and your can't go with you on a train/bus or be carried around in one hand,"

My laptop can't but my Note can (and it can be carried in a shirt pocket)! However, my nearest station is twenty miles or so, and the nearest bus stop beyond walking distance so I tend not to use either very much.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added