We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Advice on free antivirus 2013

barryg84

Likes # 0

Can anyone tell me about AVG free antivirus 2013 someone told me that its a virus and it cant be removed they said if you remove it it will come back but i find that verry hard to believe hope someone can give me an honest answer

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Rubbish ! AVG Free AV 2013 is a very good, bug free, FREE anti virus program. I use it.

Like this post
The Old Mod

Likes # 0

Same here on 3 PCs, no problems at all, have used AVG for years.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

All AntiVirus Programs make themselves difficult to remove.

Otherwise, the first thing a Viral Payload would do, would be to remove the AntiVirus!

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

You just can't Delete any of them.

You have to Download a special Removal Tool from the AV's Home Site.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

I have used AVG for several years and currently have it on 3 computers at home with no problems

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

you can downlod it from file hippo dot com

Like this post
AllanP

Likes # 0

No, it exists, it's an actual antivirus. I even had it for a while but decided to change to Unthreat Antivirus and I like it much better.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

AllanP..what are you talking about ?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...