We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

WHY DONT BUY ASUS ?

adamianna

Likes # 0

Hi, this post is dedicated to all those who want to buy Asus product. In October 23 I bought a Asus mainboard Masximus V. When the board turned out to be faulty, sent it in the original packaging for Asus Uk. Everything went smoothly, the case dealt with Mr. Jay Parmer. After about 4 weeks of waiting (board was sent for repair to Slovakia), waited a total of 3 months. I received my plate. After unpacking, we found that the board is packaged only in the gray box. Once opened, I discovered that it is only in the middle of the board itself without any accessories without the original box, with no antenna and module wi-fi, no drivers, cables, sata 6gb, she was just a bare board.

When I took out the film flew to the floor of reset bios button. It turned out that the box was damaged in the corner, there may not be up to the board if it was packed in orginal box.

Case's strange enough that Mr. Jay Parmer at the beginning of a very nice gentleman, now says that there is no original packaging and can not send it to me and that I have the drivers downloaded from the internet.

I think it's a scandal, never again do not buy asus, I honestly do not recommend. I have not met yet this treatment.

Here are some pictures, I hope that someone will take it quickly and help me recover   my property from ASUS

Like this post
adamianna

Likes # 0

Hi,

1. Yes that was this Komplett
  2. 23 October 2012 board coming to my house.
  3. Yes Komplett told me "warranty don't cover of bent pins", and yes Komplett told me "send board directly to Asus"
  4. No i don't know nothing about

Thanks

Like this post
adamianna

Likes # 0

I just learned from ASUS Poland that mr Parmer cant't forward to service in the Czech Republic original box with contents if that was from me. Board should be sent to the service, but original box with contents should back to me. Unfortunately he cant help me.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Your contract was with Komplett, and they were liable under consumer law to deal with any fault that revealed itself. As the fault was evident immediately you received this board you should have insisted that Komplett handled the repair/replacement. By not doing so you have lost your rights under consumer law.

Asus does not have an obligation to you, unless the fault occurred during manufacture, which is extremely unlikely.

Bent pins in a socket are usually an indication of someone trying to force a processor onto the pins, and suppliers are often suspicious of such returns.

The Asus terms clearly state that you should not return the packing and accessories with the motherboard because they send it away to the Czech Republic, and they can't guarantee the return of other items. You can obviously download the drivers, so that's not a problem. Otherwise I don't think there's much you can do.

The lesson here is to remember that any problems with items you purchase are initially the responsibility of the retailer from whom you bought the item - not the manufacturer.

Like this post
adamianna

Likes # 0

Thanks for your reply. Asus could simply call the service and the Czech Republic to ask about this box. You may already have asked and it turned out that the thieves just work there.

How about the fact that Asus could not forward to the service in the Czech Republic with the original box contents. He did it instead of me know. Asus Terms and Condition know and could understand me.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Because you are dealing with a Dublin company, I would suggest that you try to perhaps contact either or both http://www.nca.ie/ and/or http://www.eccireland.ie/ for advice.

Bent pins on motherboards are usually an indication of abuse, and most retailer's are very reluctant to support a product that appears to have been damaged by a third party, as the FE as already stated.

My questions 3 and 4 was about the Asus warranty, which you should have had, but as Komplett as perhaps stated, bent pins are not covered, hence their refusal to help?.

Like this post
adamianna

Likes # 0

Thanks Someone before told me about small court, maybe i should use this from the start.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"Thanks Someone before told me about small court"

You mean the Small Claims Court, but you don't really have a case against anyone.

You should have insisted that your supplier dealt with this problem, but you approached the manufacturer. Asus does not have any contractual liability to you because your contract was with Komplett. In addition, the Asus terms and conditions very clearly state that you should not return items in their original packing, or with accessories, and you did both those things.

I'm not unsympathetic, but I'm a realist - you don't have a claim against Asus,yet they appear to have remedied the fault for you. The missing box isn't really such a big problem is it? You can download the drivers easily enough, so the only remaining issue would appear to be the missing accessories. Perhaps you should pursue this with the Asus representative you dealt with in the UK.

Like this post
xania

Likes # 0

Too late for this guy, but surely the bottom line is - don't go to the manufacturer, go to the supplier. I bought an ASUS mb which turned out to be faulty (it can happen!!), Took it back to the supplier and got an immediate replacement. One very satisfied customer.

IMHO with motherboards, I would always prefer replacement to repair. The latter can always go wrong again whereas the former is more likely to be a stable product.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"...surely the bottom line is - don't go to the manufacturer, go to the supplier."

Yes, when you buy something, either in a store or online, you enter into a contract with the supplier, not the manufacturer.

If something is wrong with the item you must refer the problem to the supplier, who is liable to you under the provisions of UK and EU consumer legislation. Do not allow the supplier to refer you to the manufacturer.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

EE brings 4G LTE to Cornwall and a total of 21 new towns

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

5 things Android Wear *can't* do: Smartwatch OS is great but not flawless

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks