We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

128 Gig iPad

morddwyd

Likes # 0

Apple have announced a 128Gig iPad, available from Monday.

At £639 for wifi only or 739 for 4g that's a bit pricey.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/9834402/Apple-announces-128GB-iPad.html

FE, as a professional and constant user would you pay that?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Apple product have for far to long been over priced but with little competition have got away with it.But finally we are seeing decent alternatives at far more realistic prices which can only be a good thing.

I personally would not pay that sort of cash for what is basically adding a 128 SSD which is around £70 to an ipad and charging ridiculous amounts for doing so.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Am I right in thinking that the somewhat limited storage on phabpads means that you're intended to use the cloud as a primary link to work?

I still think in terms of 500+ gb HDs and having everything to hand.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to Tech Consumer Advice from Speakers Corner.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

FE, as a professional and constant user would you pay that?

I doubt it, but when you consider what some people pay for mobile phones I imagine there will be a ready market for the new iPad version.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It depends on what you use the iPad for. I have a 32 Gb version and it still has lots of room but I don't watch videos or put movies on it. I do have photos but these are selected ones and not my entire collection. With a tablet you don't need or want everything to hand. I don't think that it replaces a desktop or laptop but gives very good portability and is instantly on.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I mainly use my iPad for email on the move, for making notes in meetings, working on the internet - I'm using it to write this - and for its superb ability to get me from A to B on strange territory. I was extremely impressed with the way that it got me (using Google maps) from a French train terminal to the driveway of remote farmhouse in the Provence countryside without a single wrong turn. During the TGV train journey from the Eurostar terminal in Lille to the station in Avignon I tested the iPad's locator sensitivity - it tracked us efficently as we hammered through the French countryside at 200 mph. I even did some work in the forum during the journey.

All that,and a host of useful apps makes the iPad an indispensable device as far as I'm concerned. I have the first generation 64Gb 3G version. I've used later versions but haven't seen anything that compelled me to want to change. When I do make a change it will almost certainly be to another iPad, but 128Gb and 4G isn't ringing my bell right now - over £700 for a tablet is not a cost effective proposition in my book.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Why BlackBerry isn't dead: Firm keeps Mercedes F1 team driving with enterprise package

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...