We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

web page printing

KEITH ON 64 BIT

Likes # 0

Many years ago before web pages had adverts on them it was possible to increase the size of viewed print ( you still can ) AND you could also print out the page with the print enlarged. This is no longer possible , i think it could be due to web adverts locking the margins. The only work around i can use is to enlarge the viewed print then use the windows snipping tool to capture it so that i can print it like a photo.

The down side to this is that you can only do a part of a web page because if you do a full page , wimdows shrinks it down again to fit a4 paper.

Does anybody know of a way to view enlarged print AND print it off the same size

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It is a weakness of Chrome.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

What is a weakness with Chrome. Not sure what you are referring to. As far as printing is concerned Chrome calls the ability to print from the printer driver. It is the driver which determines what facilities it has. The same facilities are available through any browser.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Firefox and IE9 have in Print Preview the option to scale independently of the printer.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You all seem to have hijacked MJS-WARLORD's thread, he hasn't been able to get a word in.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Hi Woolwell

Apologies you are right. That would seem to be the best answer then for the OP ie use Firefox (never IE).

Like this post
KEITH ON 64 BIT

Likes # 0

thankyou to everybody for their help please do not post any more replies as i have had loads of auto response emails to this question

Like this post
KEITH ON 64 BIT

Likes # 0

thank you to everybody who responded to my question please to not post any more repies my inbox is full of auto responce emails

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...