We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

web page printing

KEITH ON 64 BIT

Likes # 0

Many years ago before web pages had adverts on them it was possible to increase the size of viewed print ( you still can ) AND you could also print out the page with the print enlarged. This is no longer possible , i think it could be due to web adverts locking the margins. The only work around i can use is to enlarge the viewed print then use the windows snipping tool to capture it so that i can print it like a photo.

The down side to this is that you can only do a part of a web page because if you do a full page , wimdows shrinks it down again to fit a4 paper.

Does anybody know of a way to view enlarged print AND print it off the same size

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

You could copy and paste into word and then edit as you wish. Unfortunately this is not always as easy as it sounds unless you only want text. Any graphics will usually need to be saved and then inserted into the word document separately. The fun really starts if there are tables or frames in the pasted document.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

In the Web Page got to file/Print Preview you can change size in there

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You haven't mentioned which browser.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to Tech Helproom from Consumerwatch.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

As woodchip has said, File | print preview and you can play about with all the settings in there until you have page laid out how you want it to print.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Woodchip and lotvic - How do you do that with Chrome?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Found the answer myself - You have to open print, choose using system dialogue and then change the printer scaling settings.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

I can't find any printer scaler setting. Where was it please?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I missed out a stage. After using system dialogue you open printer preferences and then select the printer scaling.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Hi

I still don't have that option. It must be something specific to your printer driver as I have looked for it on 3 of the printers on my set up.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Samsung's best ever smartphones...

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review and the mystery of the processor benchmarks