We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Dell Customer serrvice.

Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I have a U2711 monitor from Dell bought third hand on another forum a year ago and like the U2410 it upgraded are a fantastic monitor. But it has developed a fault, on a cold boot,say first thing in the morning it will not wake. It is necessary to press the reset button on the PC for it to finally show my desktop.

Anyway decided to get in touch with Dell as they come with a transferable 3 year warranty and there was still 548 days left.

Result a replacement being delivered tomorrow with the old one uplifted Monday. That's customer service.

One tip though make sure you know the name of the original purchaser,nothing more is needed. I keep all boxes and the name was on the box on a delivery label.

So other companies take note,decent customer service is possible.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Good result Chronos the 2nd.

And a first rate service from Dell.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

When I say nothing more you obviously need the service tag which you will find on the item.

Yes good result, I am looking to upgrade to a 30inch so this replacement will give me a decent price when/if I decide to sell.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

The only thing I have bought from dell was a keyboard and mouse, and only ordered from Dell because it was cheaper than Amazon and free delivery.

Service was good and it was delivered within 3 days.

I only have a 22" Samsung Monitor/Tv but it is big enough for this small room.

I always keep my receipts and guarantees and CD's my daughter is the opposite they all get thrown away.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Thanks for the update. A year or two ago their service was being criticised here so it is good to hear your news.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Monitor just arrived and installed. Will not be able to ascertain until a cold boot whether it came with the same problem.

My other one gets collected on Monday.

So in less than 24 hours I have a replacement U2711 Rev 12, which is newer than mine, with a 2 year warranty which is longer than what I had remaining.

Great stuff.

Now back to Borderlands 2 in all it's colourful glory.

Like this post
natdoor

Likes # 0

Are you sure about the warranty? I believe that usually replaced items only carry the remaining warranty of the replaced part.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Positive. Just had the guy from Dell on the phone as they forgot to include a return label in the package for the monitor collection on Monday. Ai mentioned it to him and he said yep I had scored a few months.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

It looks like Dell have got back on track again, after having had a increase of complaints regarding service.

For a number of years I use to purchase quite a number of items from Dell, mainly promotional offers and bulk buys. Never had any problems until I tried to purchase a laptop via a special promotion code which Dell telesales refused to honour. This was at the time, when Dell was offering free upgrades, increased ram and/or free delivery.

To cut a long story short, they wanted me to pay £60 for delivery, which I refused. During the course of the day, Dell telesales phoned me a number of times, and made 'special' reductions in prices for delivery, but would not honour their free delivery code. From that day onwards, I informed Dell that I would not deal with them again, and I haven't, even though they still send me information on regular special promotions.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

There was a time, a number of years ago, when we saw lots of complaints about Dell customer service - mainly related to failed delivery promises.

We worked hard with Dell behind the scenes to get some improvement - in desperation I even wrote to Michael Dell - and slowly but surely the ship altered course. It's a rare thing to see a complaint in the forum about the company these days.

Like this post

Likes # 0

Times move on

Folk like Michael Dell still keep at the sharp end

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2013/jan/20/dell-buyout-michael-dell-computers

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 10 most ridiculously opulent, mega expensive and utterly stupid gadgets you can't afford

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

5 things Android Wear *can't* do: Smartwatch OS is great but not flawless

IDG UK Sites

Free QuarkXPress update offers redlining, notes and image enhancement