We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Canon or HP printer, any advice welcome

Lexi15

Likes # 0

My head hurts from reading reviews! I need an all in one printer, copier, scanner, ideally wireless, I'd like two paper trays one for A4 and one for A5 (I assume I could put A5 in some of these photo paper trays?) and duplex and ADF would be a bonus. I work from an iMac with Snow Leopard. I've used an HP officejet 6110 very successfully and reliably for years. I've narrowed the choices down to an HP photosmart 7520 or Canon Pixma MG6350. The HP is pricey and I hear their after service is poor. I hear that Canons drink expensive ink partly because they do a self clean every time they print. I'd really like to hear from printer owners what their experiences are because at £130 and £170 I don't want to make a mistake. Thanks.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I used HP for many years but finally gave them up because of their software.

The fact that it is all-pervasive bloatware is bad enough, but it is also so flaky that I became a regular HP guru in the Helproom!

I moved to Canon some eighteen months ago with no regret (and no major problems)

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

I have always used Canon Pixma range and have not had any problems. OK ink may not be cheap but that is the same problem with all inkjets these days.Like morddwyd, I have no regrets.

Like this post
amonra

Likes # 0

I second iscanut's comments. I have had Canon products over the years and all of them have been first class. Regarding ink consumption, I now use compatible cartridges and find them OK. There isn't an easy answer, whatever you buy will not be as good as your friend who bought an XYZ in the sales for peanuts !

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

I bought to canon pixma's both resulted in problems a year later. maybe it was the particular model.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...