We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Budget 10" tablet.

trenchn

Likes # 0

Hi All, I am looking for a tablet. I need a 10" as I have poor eyesight. My budget is a maximum of £150.00. There seem to be a few that appear reasonable. I am only thinking of using the net, listening to music, maybe an odd ap. I see there is a new Polaroid, Ebuyer have two for under £150.00, but I can't decide which is the better value. Thers's an Australian one, is it an Agora? Can anyone advise me what else may be around? Thanks for your help. Cheers Nick

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

The Kogan Agora is a budget level tablet, but for the money it's not bad. The big plus is that it runs Android Ice cream sandwich, and for a budget tablet the connectivity options are superb.

You'll need to understand that at this price point there will be shortcomings, and in this case the downside is the processor, its lack of power will mean that it's frustratingly slow. The battery life is also poor, and the display quality doesn't compete with the more expensive tablets.

That said, the Agora isn't bad value.

The jury is still out as far as the Polaroid M10 is concerned. Again it's a budget tablet, and such it isn't going to pose a threat to the better-specified (and higher priced) devices. The display quality will be average, and the performance slow - slower than the 7" version.

To be honest I would seriously recommend that you take a look at both the Kindle Fire HD and the Nexus 7. Both are extremely good performers, and very good value for the money. You may not find the smaller screen such a disadvantage when you weigh up the specifications.

If I had to make a choice it would be easy - I would go for the Nexus 7.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide