We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

google nexus 10 availability in Canada

Sucklehoney

Likes # 0

Does anyone have any idea when the Google's Nexus 10 is going to be available in Canada? I've been searching since the beginning of December 2012 - apparently days after it became "sold out" at the Google Play store and no one else seems to carry it? At six weeks I feel I've been very patient but the Samsung Galaxy Note is starting to look better and better.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to our Tech consumer advice forum from Speakers Corner.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I can trace no information about availability in the Canada Play Store. The problem - as you probably know - is a manufacturing supply issue. The Nexus is made by LG, and demand has exceeded the company's ability to supply.

Like this post
Vanesa

Likes # 0

Nexus 10 is not made by LG but by Samsung. You can blame LG for Nexus 4 stock shortage but when you see the same pattern with Nexus 10. One starts asking the question if Google's managers are just trying to destroy Google's image of being fast and reliable. It takes a long time to create the reputation and just a moment to destroy it.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Vanesa

I agree. See my other thread

Google Nexus

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Nexus 10 is not made by LG but by Samsung

Apologies - I have Nexus 4 on the brain.

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

I also find the stock shortages of all the recent Nexus products a bit suspicious. I'm still yet to see anyone walking down the street with a Nexus 4 / 7 / 10, so I don't think they're selling that phenomenally.

I think it's a deliberate ploy by Google to generate some media attention, and also play on people's instinct of wanting something only when they can't have it.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

D@ve

"I don't think they're selling that phenomenally."

The Nexus 7 was selling at the rate of 1 million a month in the last quarter of 2012, which is a pretty respectable figure. It doesn't even come close to the iPad though.

The iPad has around 56% of the total tablet market, and sold 14 million in the third quarter of 2011. The iPad is quite simply a sales phenomenon, and it will take some catching. I can't see anything coming close in the foreseeable future.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features