We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Go Baby Mobile, Poor Customer Support

Bargee

Likes # 0

Hiya,

I purchased this item, from Go Baby Mobile back in October. However I didn't get a chance to use it until I'd got my laptop in December, whereupon I couldn't get it to work with my T-Mobile dongle. I checked every setting possible, even going through the install a couple of times to no avail, it simply wouldn't see the dongle.

I contacted them about it & apart from asking me to again check my settings, I still couldn't get it to recognise the dongle. After speaking to T-Mobile, I asked Go Baby Mobile to confirm whether my dongle model number was compatible with the device & their response was to give me a short list of some of the more popular dongles that work with it. They failed to confirm whether my dongle was compatible or not.

I'm fortunate in that a fellow moorer has an older T-Mobile dongle which I tried with the device & it recognised it no problem, so my response was to suggest that the problem actually was a compatability issue & maybe I could have a refund. Their response was to re-iterate that they had many T-mobile customers using the product & that they would only consider a repair or replacement under warranty.

Now, I think I might have a claim for refund under the Sale of Goods Act, Fit for Purpose clause which states that any product you buy should perform the function you bought it to do. I contacted them again expressing dissatisfaction with their customer support & asked them to explain why I would not be entitled to a refund as the product doesn't perform the function for which I bought it, namely wirelessly connecting my dongle to my laptop. That email was sent on the 20th December & I haven't heard a word from them since. I emailed them again first thing Tuesday morning & still no response.

Have any of you had to deal with their customer support & if so, how did you find it?

Do you think I'm being unreasonable in requesting a refund?

P.S. If any of you can actually tell me how I can get the chuffin thing to work, I'd be happy.

Like this post
Bargee

Likes # 0

No, I think he's only interested in selling the items & is not interested what happens to them once sold & I reckon he simply replaces items returned with new ones, then sells the returned items as new.

Anyone making a fuss, like me, simply gets ignored in the hope they'll give up & if any don't, I think he fronts them up & then ignores them again. If you think about it, the risk of prosecution for such relatively small sums, is minimal.

I'll tell you this, though, if I or anyone I knew lived anywhere near Prestwick, he'd be getting a knock on his door.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Just as a matter of interest which dongle did it not work with. Is it one of the latest HuaWei ones.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I have deleted the post in which you published some personal information about an individual.

Issuing personal threats in a public web forum is both silly and unacceptable. If you have a dispute over something you bought there are legal remedies, and you should consider what action you should take in that respect.

The seller clearly states that the device works with "Any Dongle From Any Network" which is a claim that must be met if the goods are to be considered as correctly described. The seller's website complies with UK legal requirements in all respects as regards contact details, so you should use that information to pursue the matter.

Any further threats along the lines of the one you posted above will result in an immediate forum ban.

Like this post
Bargee

Likes # 0

A touch harsh Forum editor, seeing as no threat was made in my opinion. Naming the guy was probably out of order I guess, so fair enough. Point taken.

Like this post
Bargee

Likes # 0

As a further observation, Forum Editor, I think it's a bit hypocritical to accuse me of threatening behaviour & then issue threats of your own. If you feel the need to threaten users with being banned from the forums, it would be better to do it via email rather than in open forum. That would be the honourable thing to do, rather than brand someone publicly as a trouble maker, which could lead to complaints being levelled against yourself & the publication.

I also think it would be a good idea to have some way of enabling users to contact each other off forum via some sort of messaging so that they can exchange the sort of information with each other that doesn't compromise the integrity of the forums. In my case, those interested could have contacted me for the personal information that you deleted & no other parties would have been privy to it.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

I have to say that I agree with the point above regarding the lack of any off-forum method of communication. This is a serious disadvantage. I have on several occasions wanted to pass on my email address to other members but have been unable to do so and this is poor for a "Help" forum. Other similar forums do have this facility so it is possible to do it without causing major problems.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I think it's a bit hypocritical to accuse me of threatening behaviour & then issue threats of your own.

I invite you to tell me how threatening to ban someone from a web forum for inappropriate behaviour is remotely akin to saying about a supplier ".... if I or anyone I knew lived anywhere near Prestwick, he'd be getting a knock on his door."

My perfectly proper response to your implied threat is not going to lead to "complaints being levelled against yourself & the publication." whereas a failure to react on my part certainly might.

I suggest you quit while you're ahead, and take the advice I offered in my earlier post; that you contact the supplier and pursue the matter between you.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

alanrwood

We used to have a way for forum users to contact each other via email, but it lead to abuse, and we received complaints that many forum members were being directly spammed, or were being subjected to offensive messages.

For that reason we discontinued the facility. If anyone needs to contact another forum user he or she can do so by emailing me. I will then email the other person to check that it's OK, and a dialogue is established. I get occasional requests along those lines, and it works perfectly.

Like this post
Bargee

Likes # 0

So you think that responding to my reasoned response to you in an aggressive manner is helpful do you? I had already conceded the point you used to delete part of my post & merely gave you my interpretation of how I saw your response to me with a clear threat to ban me from the forum. Because of that, you are now "advising" me to "quit while I'm ahead", another clear & obvious threat. For reasons best known to yourself, you now appear to be making this personal on your part, I suggest that if you want to take things further, you delete this entire post & email me directly.

If you've taken my statement about knocking on someone's door as an implied threat, that's down to your interpretation, it's not what I meant to imply. Anyone near the vicinity of someone they're in dispute with would want to meet them face to face in order to sort things out. That's all it was. As for the rest of the information you deleted, it was freely obtained from Companies House & therefore in the public domain. I do concede that my interpretation of the type of business the individual is running isn't & therefore you legitimately deleted it.

I do understand your position on this, all I've done is question how you square accusations of threats whilst doing so yourself in response.

If you decide to ban me as result of this post, that will merely confirm that this is a personal issue & nothing to do with the integrity of the forum. If you do that, I will not let the matter rest, so you can either act professionally or not, it's your call.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"it's your call."

It is indeed, and in view of your continued inability to understand the obvious difference between threatening to ban you from a privately owned and operated web forum and saying about a supplier that: "if I or anyone I knew lived anywhere near Prestwick, he'd be getting a knock on his door." I have disabled your forum access with immediate effect.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...