We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Intel i3-2120 vs AMD A6-3670K

kraftmasterC

Likes # 0

Hi there I have a choice of two systems one a intel based i3-2120 dual core and the other a AMD A6-3670K quad core. I am on budget and need to get one of these machines on credit (hence only two options). I will use the computer for some gaming (nothing hardcore just TotalWar games really) and graphic design plus any other general use. I plan on getting a dedicated graphics card at some point in the future and read the AMD has better on board graphics - but am I am in a dilemma. They both have same RAM and HDD specs and the price is only £70 difference (Intel more). Just wondering which way to go as I have read the A6 isn't as upgradable (this will be important) due to L2 cache, plus with a dedicated card the i3 will outperform? The AMD has quad core and has crossfire on it's side.

Any advice would be truly appreciated.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote