We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA Disc & The Sale of Goods Act

special_agent

Likes # 0

I'm just a bit hacked off. Having received a DVD that will not load on any of 3 machines. Having made a request for a replacement via Customer Services you then wait a week to be told to go to a different PCA Website to input your request. I then jumped through a few hoops (Registration, Email Confirmation, Location of Cover Disc Code, Location of Issue Number etc.) to input my request for a replacement Cover DVD. It's not until you get to the end of logging your delivery details you find PCA will probably take 28 days to replace not the 14 days indicated in the Disc Instructions on the last page of the Magazine Cover Disc Review. By then, several of the 'Full Program' offers on the disc will have expired...! Not very helpful and at no time is there a Sorry! The DVD is not a gift - it is part of the purchase package and in this case not merchantable quality. I'm not impressed.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

There is a [contact forum editor] straight above your post ,if you click on that and ask him if he could help with your problem you may get a quicker reply.

Like this post
special_agent

Likes # 0

Thanks Jock1e - that was good advice.

Like this post
special_agent

Likes # 0

Pity, just tried the link to Forum Editor Editor only to find it fails to work!

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I take it you were signed in at the time.

Maybe try Simon Jary on this list he is usually very helpful.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/contact/

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Have you tried Copy the DVD to Desktop then start in Safe Mode and Run the Setup from the Copy

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I'm sorry that you've had a problem with this.

Please email me at: [email protected]

Let me have your name and your postal address, and the issue number of the magazine concerned.

I'll arrange for someone to sort this out for you.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"just tried the link to Forum Editor Editor only to find it fails to work!"

Have you by any chance disabled javascript in your browser? The contact link won't work if you have.

This tells you how you can easily fix the problem

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Doesn't work in all browsers, FE.

I use FF and if I want to contact you via the link I have to use Chrome

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

morddwyd

Contacted the FE this morning using Firefox and had no problems.

Maybe the latest Firefox update has sorted the problem.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

morddwyd

The contact form uses javascript, and provided that is enabled in your browser the form will work.

If you take a look at the link I posted above you'll see instructions for enabling Javascript in the latest versions of IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera.

I get lots of emails via the contact link, and very few complaints about it not working - all usually related to javascript being disabled in browsers.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite