We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Tablet - what to buy

Lizzie90

Likes # 0

Hi all,

I want to buy a tablet but don't know what one. I want one to write documents, create a diary on an hourly basis (I am training to be a personal trainer), would like a video function/camera, be able to play movies, and generally use it to surf the net save documents etc. the document editing is important for my business and I don't want a keyboard that's an attachment I need it all in one as it defeats the object of carrying something smaller than a laptop. I have heard iPads are not good for documents and really like the new surface. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, Liz.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

iPads are fine for documents but you will need the Pages app which is not free and for spreadsheet then you will require Numbers. I have a tablet (iPad) and a small laptop. The problem with a tablet is the size of screen bearing in mind that the onscreen keyboard takes up a significant chunk. Suggest that you go into a store and have a play with an iPad, or Samsung tablet and if possible a Nexus 10. Also suggest that you should be looking at the larger size tablets. However you may well be better off getting a small laptop. This will not have as good a battery life but will give you access to the full office suite and a dvd/cd player. A lot depends on your budget.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

One can definitely get a laptop for less than an iPad!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite