We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Yodel-eh-hi dee, or perhaps - dong

Diemmess
Resolved

Likes # 0

In my sheltered world I had never heard of Yodel (the Nation's 2nd largest carrier) until an order from Amazon last week went astray. The tracking number showed it through its long journey and as delivered at 3:01 pm on Jan 2nd.

The nice lady at Amazon is chasing the parcel and had phoned Yodel but no one answered!

The story will some yet, but I hope this will be of interest

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012/aug/24/amazon-complaints-yodel-delivery-service

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Surprise surprise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One company has failed to deliver 8 from the last 10 parcels to me. They are now part of Yodel. Another time my ordered Kindle was shown as delivered and it wasn't.

I guess it depends a lot on the quality of the individual driver as to how accurate the deliveries are.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

From Amazon Customers.

yodel

Looks like Amazon don't care what there customers think.

Mind you I have had no problem with deliveries from Amazon.

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

Delivered at 15:38

I don't think van man was at fault.

The parcel reached Gloucester Service centre 03:50 on Jan 2. and was out for Gloucester Home delivery by 05:36. Then the tracking said "Delivery not attempted 14:00."

Next the tracking says Gloucester Home delivery - delivered 15:00. Next it says returned to local Service centre 20:26 on Jan 3. Then says Out for delivery Gloucester Service centre 4th Jan 08:07 and at last Delivered Gloucester Service Centre 4th Jan 2013 15:39

My interpretation is that Gloucester Home Delivery means just that, to all parts of the city itself, while the Service Centre covers the rest of the county and my parcel was wrongly sorted into the Home Delivery instead of 20+ miles SW of the city.

Like this post  
tigertop2

Likes # 0

I now actively check that my senders do NOT use Yodel. After 2 missed deliveries because they simply cannot read maps or address labels or understand Tom Tom or whatever they are provided with and have no idea how to provide a enquiry service and are impossible to try and contact I have given up on them.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...