We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton Internet Security renewal flaw

HXP

Likes # 0

Getting a reminder from Nortin Internet security that in 28 days my licence will expire which is fine, What isn't so good is if i renew now the remaining 28 days is NOT added to my new subscription - seems unfair as i want to renew and forget about it. Could PC Advisor ask them the question why the remaining time on my last years subscription can't be caiied over - seems counter productive to loyal customers .... or is it best for me to take the FREE Kaspersky internet security offered by Barclays and ditch Norton ?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Cheaper buying your Norton from the internet.Have a look round and see what prices you get.

Kaspersky free sounds Ok but you would need to download the Norton removal tool from the internet to remove it properly.

Like this post
VCR97

Likes # 0

That's most odd. I would contact Norton support. I've always had the new sub added to the unexpired portion of the current sub.

Like this post
HXP

Likes # 0

I purchased the new suite with a product key and when I click on the renewal tab this is the disclaimer :

"If you have a subscription renewal code or product key you can enter it below. Note: The days remaining on your current key will not be added to your new key"

It just seems odd the database they run that knows my subscription - linked to the on line ID you have to create can't add +365 days to an existing licence ... I will wait til day zero and renew it with the new licence I guess but inconvenient and not in the customer's best interest as far as I can tell.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If you are still not happy about it in a year's time then use the Norton removal tool and accept your Bank's generous offer. No brainer really.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

What happens when you leave the renewal to the last day of the present installation?.

Is it not possible that the start date will go from then. If not ask Norton why?.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Absolute no brainer. Let Norton expire, remove it and take the Kaspersky - it's very good.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

I agree with Taff & rdave13..

Like this post
VCR97

Likes # 0

"The days remaining on your current key will not be added to your new key"

I think that means that the days shown on the Norton panel will not increase but will show 365 when the current days reach zero.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

goto norton livechat and they will add the outstanding days for you.

Like this post
mole1944

Likes # 0

Why are you paying for Norton when there are many free antivirus products out there,also your isp will probably have one for you,failing that Microsoft have a security suite for free.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Convincing leaked photos show iPhone 6

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014