We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

XP - Restore Incredimail content ...

Nontek
Resolved

Likes # 0

Newly built desktop with XP. Incredimail exported from old PC but when trying to Import to new PC cannot find Data.cab which is asked for by the Import restore procedure. Have tried a Search on new PC but not found, is it possible that this file was not saved on Export?

I believe Export procedure was saved to an external drive, this drive is showing as normal on new PC but no sign of required file when trying to Import to new PC.

Could it have been saved under another name, or hidden within a set of numbers as in System Restore - example only!

Not my PC, posting on behalf of a friend.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Ooops, just realised wrong Forum, repeated in Tech Helproom ....

Like this post  
rdave13

Likes # 0

When I export anything I usually create a destination folder to export to, which I can then name to my liking. Seems to work every time as I can find the folder easily. If the old PC is still available can he export again to a pre-named folder on the external drive? http://help.incredimail.com/incredimail/helpcenter/helparticle.aspx?is=t&is=t&article_id=285&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Under the 'export options' I would have already created the destination folder. Finding where it is on an external drive by default then try 'search' in the drive for incredimail. Best I can think of.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

That's typical of the link. Will try again in your new post:(

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Seems to be already answered.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

rdave13

Thanks anyway!

Cheers.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's new OS X Beta Seed Program: Run pre-release versions of OS X on your Mac

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer