We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Business laptop?

imconfused

Likes # 0

Hi I need a laptop for my business. I will be loading about four different softwares onto it so it needs a lot of RAM as I have to use these one after the other so don't want to keep shutting one down to use another.

At the moment I am using a Dell xps M1530 which is about 4 years old and only has 2gb RAM. I think I need more like 6 or 8gb.

But I don't want it to be too heavy because my wrist is damaged from carrying a heavy laptop at work last year. And it has to be a good model that is well made and will last me.

I have a budget of around £600/700 but could stretch to a bit more for the right kit. And Samsung would not be my first choice because their fridge freezer only lived 3 years (instead of the expected six).

Could anyone suggest which laptops I should be considering? Fairly urgent now as the Dell is on it's knees!

many thanks

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

Try here: Novatech

Like this post
imconfused

Likes # 0

Wow, thanks. This looks really good for the price. Will tweak for Windows 8 I think though, as Windows 7 I don't like.

How come I've never heard of this brand before? Why are we not promoting UK built products like this??? I will look up old PC Advisor reviews to see if they've reviewed the brand before.

Cheers

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'