We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I need a laser envelope printer

kellys

Likes # 0

I'm looking for a laser printer that is compatible with Stamps.com. I want a laser so the toner will be cheaper than inkjet. I need to print large quantities of envelopes so I'm looking for something that has an envelope hopper with a straight path that won't curl the envelope but still applies enough pressure to have the toner adhere. Our current HP8150 has only 2 pressure settings, one smears the toner (not enough pressure) the other curls and creases the envelope (too much pressure). Any suggestions?

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Another Possibility, lateral thinking, is to use sheets of Labels. Avery is the best known brand but Viking, have their own variety, as I suppose, do most other large Stationers.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I don't know of one with an envelope hopper with straight path. The heat generated printing a large number of envelopes could cause problem with self-seal. When I do a print run of 400 or so I use labels.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

Why? Labels would be much faster. Most printers with envelope support only have a hopper capacity of about 100 and the feed rate is low. I know of no specific printer for envelopes this side of a fully commercial set-up.

As an alternative, you could always look at a Dymo Label Printer, say the LabelWriter 450

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Revisiting this I note the reference to stamps.com (US postage) for UK I use a very similar service SmartStamp and although I can print on envelopes (which I do for one or two) I use labels for postage and address for large runs. Typically I do a mail merge run of address labels and then print off a number of "stamps" on another set of labels. This works very well.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

2014 Mac mini release date, specs, rumours: When's the new Mac mini coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen