We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

For Info: Bad EE Experience.

Legslip

Likes # 0

Went to fit a pals router the other evening and it didn't function. They had changed from TalkTalk to EE. Spent an hour and five minutes listening to music on hold from EE then the call cut off. I swore out loud!

Not giving up, I rang them back and after a department to department exchange, I was told that it would take up to 14 days to connect the Bband. I swore again! I was with my pal when they ordered it in the EE shop and they were told changeover would take two hours.

NOT A GOOD START EE!!

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Why should Router have anything to do with your problem? I am with TalkTalk and use a 3Com Router that's never been a problem with them. All you should need do is enter the User Password and loggon Password and it should work, theses \are entered using IE and connected with a Ethernet Cable enter the Router Web Address in the Browser to get to the inbuilt Router Settings Page

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Sounds as if he is waiting to be switched from one ISP to another, hence the delay. I would have assumed that EE would have advised of a connection date if that is the case. Has that date arrived/passed ?

Like this post
Legslip

Likes # 0

Thanks good people and nice to hear from you Woodchip. My pal went into the EE shop at Bluewater and signed up to move from Talktalk to EE. They were told that they would be off-line for two hours before the EE connection established itself. I set up the router as normal on the day the phone line changed over and that is when we found out that it wouldn't work for up to 2 weeks. Shambolic considering they do online banking and need to order via the net for Christmas.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Whatever the outcome of your dealings with EE, as a temporary measure your friend might consider acquiring a pay as you go dongle to cover a short period of internet use - you may even be able to negotiate one from EE/Orange as recompense.

Like this post
Legslip

Likes # 0

Good thinking Difarn. Thanks

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...