We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Ipad2 and AirPrint problems

dave1933

Likes # 0

I have an iPad, canon mg5250 and brother dcpj315w printers. Have loaded the relevant apps for the printers but neither printer will be recognised when trying to use Airprint. I am new to the iPad so I maybe It is me. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks Dave.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

For the Canon How to print using Airprint

Suggest wrong forum.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Your Brother printer is not supported by AirPrint you will need the Brother iPrint and Scan app instead Read this

Like this post
retep888™

Likes # 0

<< I have an iPad, canon mg5250 and brother dcpj315w printers. Have loaded the relevant apps for the printers but neither printer will be recognised when trying to use Airprint >>

Both of your printers aren't under Apple's AirPrint compatibility list, what third party App have you loaded for each printer?

Btw you don't have to have wireless printer to utilise AirPrint on iOS devices, both of my USB inkjet A3 Canon & Canon ethernet networkable colour laser aren't wireless but still can be printed on iPhone as well as iPad thru' a third party software.

Like this post
dave1933

Likes # 0

Many thanks for the replies to my AirPrint question I have got Brother Print and SCan for the DCPJ315w, and Canon IEPP for the MG5250. I understood that these apps should enable Airprint on my printers. Happy Christmas to all. Dave

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

dave1933 iIPads and iPhones can natively print in two ways: The built in Apple Airplay to an Airplay compatible printer or via a dedicated printer manufacturer App.

Your printers are not Airplay printers, they need their manufacturers App.

Like this post
retep888™

Likes # 0

<< bremner >>

I only use AirPlay with my Apple TV. :)

<< dave1933 >>

I suppose you can print from both wireless printers on your Mac/PC ,on the Canon IEPP did you click & detect your Canon printer & it's turned on? I think the Canon IEPP only supports photo printing.

I suppose you've downloaded & installed Brother iPrint&Scan correctly for your Brother DCP-J315W on your iPad otherwise have look in section 2 for iOS devices on this PDF manual click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July