We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Not so much a question - more to inform re Skype

Nontek
Resolved

Likes # 0

Just wanted to point out for those using Skype, that after the latest update, it is now possible to EDIT texts in a chat, even after 'posting'.

Simply right-click on posted message to see several choices including EDIT Message - this includes being able to add/remove 'smileys' ...

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Thanks for the info

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

You're welcome - I found it by chance!

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Midgetninja

Fine, so how, as a matter of interest, did you know/find out about it? I ask because there is nothing mentioned about editing, in the Skype on-line Site.

As I said, I only found out by chance after my latest Skype update - been using Skype for years.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Midgetninja

Can you please answer my question, I am keen to learn.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Midgetninja

Or is it perhaps just your midget brain trying to look clever??

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Does it matter how he found out ? You say you are keen to learn, well, you have learnt by finding out for yourself. The best way not to get any more help is to become abusive to fellow posters !

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Yes, IMHO it does matter - I asked a straightforward polite question which has not yet been answered. I prefer not to leave learning as a thing of chance, I would like the facts, rather than just a silly statement like its been there for ages and ages ...

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

If Midgetninja can come back with proper details of where/how to find the information re Editing in Skype, I would have great pleasure in offering my congratulations and a very sincere apology for my doubts.

I opened this thread to pass on what was to me, new knowledge, it has been acknowledged by at least one other forum member, so perhaps there are others also to whom this bit of info was news and who would be greatful for fuller facts as to how/when/where to find the info, other than by chance.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Midgetninja

Thankyou, point noted, and sincere (I do mean it) apologies to you - I should have checked on Google as you say.

Yes, most of my whole life is spent on or around my computer, being disabled and almost housebound it is my way of keeping in touch.

I don't always get it right!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...