We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

need a new laptop confusion

evprop

Likes # 0

Hi i have been struggling to find a laptop that fits my needs at a reasonable cost .... eg. under £600

I have managed to find a couple of options but would really like to hear anybodys thoughts to my examples below

im stuck....

out of these 2 specs here what you go for with my needs of browsing, watching media and using Adobe photoshop,illsutrator+dreamweaver?? OR do you think both of these are NOT ok???

Toshiba Satellite Pro L870-171

Intel® Core™ i5-3210M Dual Core Processor 17.3" HD+ Screen Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit 4GB DDR3 RAM 500GB HDD DVD Rewriter Dedicated 7670M Graphics PSKFPE-00400MEN

Acer Aspire V3-771G

Intel® Core™ i3-3110M Dual Core Processor 17.3" Full HD Screen Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit 6GB DDR3 RAM 500GB HDD Blu-Ray Dedicated GT 630M Graphics NX.M1ZEK.006

Greatly appreciate responses thanks

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

My choice - the Toshiba, mainly due to i5 as opposed to the other ones i3.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

I would prefer the Toshiba as it's i5 but have you checked out ones with AMD cpus with 4 or 6 cores. I would prefer 6 cores since you are intending to do intensive work with PS etc.' Lots of Ram say 6gig.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

You could try novatech or ebuyer

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

and a little read herediff i3 and i5

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Your two choices are fine, although my preference would be Toshiba although more Ram would be useful to you.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Take a look here Toshiba for me also.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

W/8 is not everyones cup of tea.But if you have tried it and like carry on.

If not see if you can get the same laptop with W/7 on it.

W/8 a lot like it but on the other hand a lot do not like it but at least you have the choice.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer